Monday, September 15, 2008

hola from Barcelona!


well hello there! what a gong show to get here..lol. i had prebooked my fav seat for the long haul over (52J) but because i was flying staff travel they decided to yank me out of the line for what i hoped was an upgrade to business or first. nope. instead they pulled my back of the bus, first to get booze and food seat to place me directly over the wing next to Ma and Pa Kettle on their first trip to Europe. let me ask you...have you ever tried to catch a nap on the wing of a Boeing 757?
ya good times.
so off that flight and on to the Heathrow express from the gorgeous new and confusing terminal 5 to the old and drab terminal 1. well guess what? they pulled my seat again but this time i was on standby so i sat....and sat..and sat. which normally is not a problem BUT i had just got off a 9 hours flight and was fucking starving. seeing as i could not check my luggage being on standby means i couldn't pass through the magical doors that led to cafes and restaurants galore. all i had to sustain me is water and half a granola bar...and that was just not on.

finally with mere minutes to spare i was granted my ticket and booked it straight for Pret a Manger for fruit, juice and a croissant. bliss.
as i excited the doors to begin my adventure in BCN i looked to my right and there sat my lovely gay brother and his partner in the aptly named cafe above. ARS. YES ARSE.
that was the first day...more pix and videos to follow but right now i have to get ready for some shopping.

2 comments:

mooshki said...

Ooooh, shopping!!! :)

jax said...

oooh 136euros for a D&G tee shirt.