Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Day & Night In Victoria
































I needed to get away for a few days to chillax and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Victoria. For years it has been described as a tourist haven or a large retirement Island but in the past decade it's gone through a lot of restoration and changes that have added even more culture and character to a community already brimming with energy and activities for young and old. From Chinatown to Market Square, to Inner Harbour and Government Street, Victoria is the perfect getaway for single travellers and families alike. With a city that boasts more restaurants per capita than any other Canadian city, your biggest decision of the day will be where to eat. I stopped for Chinese food in Chinatown and a drink at Irish Times as well as breakfast at the famous eatery John's Place. My hotel, the Rialto was located on Pandora. Within 5mins is Chinatown, Market Square, Johnson Street and the Inner harbour. Everything is very walk-able and a car isn't necessary unless you plan to travel around the island and only results in high ferry as well as parking fees. I had such an amazing time in Victoria and Sydney I'm already planning to go back in the next few weeks. And this time I'm hitting up Cafe Mexico!

1 comment:

Maja With a J said...

I LOVE Victoria! And yes, Cafe Mexico...I have pictures of their food on my FB...*L*