Saturday, September 20, 2008

ouch


so have you ever skinned your knee? on the sand??? ya that was me yesterday at the beach! i went into the water for the first time at Mar Bella beach and before my brother had a chance/didn't care to tell me that the undertow is strong there i was a goner. there i was standing in my bikini chillin on the beach slowly wading in a bit..barely up to my knees and turned around to smile and wave at my bro.i was happy it was a glorious day. CRASH! a wave swept me off my feet landing forward on my knees and propelled me across the sand to the shore...all the way shredding my poor knees. once the initial shock of what happened wore off in about 30 seconds i realized not only was i wearing my expensive shades but my hair was sopping wet and my makeup was gone. now normally when i go to the beach this isn't an issue as i'm not a princess who goes to the beach in mascara. but today i did because we were only going for a bit before we headed off for more shopping and a stop at the showroom for my brother's meeting with a photographer. i was a drown fucking rat!
oh and the best part? my brother rod pissing himself laughing at seeing the whole thing play out.wanker.
"jesus that was better than last year jackie, i wish i had that one on video too"

ya last year as i was coming out of the water ala Halle Berry James Bond looking all spent from the sea and sexily tossing my hair about i hit a sinkhole and dropped about 2 feet below the water and came up sputtering and screaming about salt in my eyes. AND that's on video.

the meeting ran long, we were exhausted so we never got to the new art show opening but we will this weekend. Merce Festival is on this week so its fireworks every night from a different country and the magic fountains which are this huge beautiful fountains that they choreograph music and tricks to. kinda like Bellagio.
today is saturday and i'm attempting to go do some shopping on La Ramblas and area...but today is the busiest shopping/pickpocket day so need to keep my wits about me. after some shopping for more jewelry ( i have bought about 100euros worth so far, that's a lot for here) more bags and more shoes i might head down to the beach again or check out Park Guell with rod for a day of photography. there si so much to do here on any given day i've had to extend my stay a few days..i know poor ME! i cannot say enough about this amazing city, i hope you all get to see it one day and experience the sights and sounds for yourself. and the food..we already talked about the food.omg.

tonight i promise if it's te last thing i do i'm getting some pics uploaded...i mean i've only taken about 400 so far. and lots of videos! unfortch this laptop i'm using is having memory issues so i'm not able to do it till later on rod's pc.

2 comments:

mooshki said...

Good for you braving the beach again after it was so mean to you. :)

Can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

I need to see the sinkhole video! :)