- Ryan attempting to talk to the adorable Indian kids on the red carpet only to fail miserably. Hey Ryan, don't ask the kids to translate when they aren't saying ANYTHING.
- Ryan completely dissing Marisa Tomei about her 'big comeback!' since My Cousin Vinny...only to have her tell him she's been there since then. Douche.
- Mickey Roarke needs to let the little chihuahua die.
- Hugh Jackman's opening was hilarious.
- Anne Hathaway sounded great and looked amazing in her original Oscar dress, not that mess she wore for the opening number.
- Goldie Hawn needed a dress that fit, a bra and some double sided tape. A valium would help.
- Loved all the new sets for categories. The screenplay portion was very cool with the narration as was the makeup category.
- "DO NOT fall in love with me!" Steve Martin and Tina fey..gold.
- The Asian dude who accepted mostly in Japanese ending his speech with "Domo Arrigato Mr Roboto!" I fucking love this guy. LOL.
- Jessica Biel looked a hot mess! That dress! that hair!
- I don't know about you but I'm dead certain James Franco is high as fuck.
- Kate Winslet wins, goes through her speech and ends it with what sounds like "To the Academy, fuck you very much!" exit stage left.
- Sean Penn forgets the long suffering wife but remembers to call the crowd "Commie, homo loving sonofaguns!" ehyaaa...ok.
- The Academy bowed down to public outcry and DID in fact pan to Brad n Angie TWICE while Aniston was on stage. God I loved the fake smile and reserved ease to Angie with comparison to a flustered, nervous and slightly tipsy Jennifer.
- It was a pretty darn good show....and no Jonas Brothers!
Monday, February 23, 2009
An Oscar Recap...