Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Espana in 10 Pictures Or Less...


The old churches and cathedrals throughout the city and
surrounding villages like this one, in Sitges.



The food. Sigh...the food. The Med diet is normally very low in saturated fats and high in vegetables..but f-ck it I'm on vacation. Here at my favorite ocean front restaurant in Sitges, Picnic, I am enjoying calamari with green chillies and patatas bravas. OMG.



The beach in Barceloneta. The water is warm and salty, the air is fresh and the beach is awash of people looking their best, their mediocre and their downright shameful.
But the waves were great that day for surfing.


Again, the beach in Barcelona looking amazing.


Placa Del Rei from what I can recall. Don't quote me. Gorgeous and tourist ridden.


The most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time. Wondering down a little alley going nowhere, I happened to look up and see this looming above. Can you imagine waking everyday and looking out your terrace to see that? Talk about Catholic guilt...


From the Byzantine influence says Gladys...no clue! It just look perty.


Even Shiloh makes the cut on the Rambla. Even street artists are Brangeloonies.


Columbus chilling on top.


The quintessential picture of Barcelona. A beautiful city.

I had such a great time on this trip over. I really have no complaints. I mean who can? It was dirt cheap, I got upgraded to first class, spent some great couple of days in alone time mode down by the beach reading fabulous books, eating such good food and truly enjoying the company of family and friends. In short, exactly what I needed.

3 comments:

Angel said...

ok, these are some fabulous photos...esp. the beach ones. but SHILOH!!!! God that baby is pretty and how funny is that??!!!! AHHAHAHAHAAAA@!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful. As always, I'm totes jealous.

GladysKravitz said...

Warm water on the beach. Take me there now.