Monday, December 20, 2010

The Intimate Piano Recital At The Rio

The Peak's Cory Ashworth
Monica Lee

Christopher Arruda

Hilary Grist
Edo Van Beeman

Adaline


C.R. Avery

I was lucky enough to see the Intimate Piano Recital at the Rio last Thursday and I was completely blown away! I was a little apprehensive about my attention span with just a piano filled show, but I really enjoyed it from beginning it end. Each artist was different from the next. From Christopher Arruda's dramatic melodies to Adaline's delicate and beautiful notes, the audience was both inspired and entertained. The night also included music from Monica Lee, C.R. Avery, Edo Van Breeman of Brasstronaut and Hilary Grist. Aside from Arruda, Adaline and Edo in Brasstronaut, I had not seen any of them prior and left with plan to seek out more of their music in the future. The night also would not have been possible without a purpose for it all and this year it was World Vision and Insite. Props to the artists willing to throw in a free cd with sponsorship of a child. The Peak's Cory Ashworth was on hand to provide hosting duties and make cringe worthy, yet hilarious, jokes. Check it out next year, I will!

No comments: