Saturday, January 22, 2011

Nathaniel Wong At The Media Club

Nathaniel Wong at The Media Club in Vancouver

I spent Friday night checking out Nathaniel Wong from Yes Nice at the Media Club in Vancouver. I had never been to the venue before, believe it or not, and was looking forward to checking out a new space. It's a lot smaller than I pictured. But it's an intimate spot with decent sound and actual toilet paper in the bathrooms. Seriously, what is *up* with that, club owners? Anyway, Nathaniel Wong put on a great little show that included the Yes Nice hit, "Horses." as well as "Mountain Man." This was also my first time seeing anyone from the band perform before as I had missed their Peak Performance Showcase at the Red Room. For just one person and a guitar he put on an entertaining and sincere acoustic show. It will be interesting to see what he's like with a full band.

I plan to keep my eyes open for Yes Nice to perform somewhere close soon. I've been a big fan of their music so far and if Tourism Vancouver doesn't make a video using the song "Horses," they are fkn crazy. Really.

No comments: