Tuesday, February 26, 2008

the x factor


so what is it about being sick that makes me want to forget every bad thing about my ex bf and run whimpering back at the first sign of a cold? is it the nyquil hallucinations in the middle of the afternoon that made me feel like the lonely old maid with 8 cats or the fact that i'm about to turn 34 boyfriendless and have to renew my drivers license to completely leave behind all semblance of youth? sure he was great as a bedside nurse at my worst but he resenting everything about me at my best. apparently there is a term for what i'm doing right now. it's called back pedaling. basically i've had shit luck in finding a new relationship so i'm grasping at the past. we all do it now and then. as my dear Great-Aunt Enid would say " the best way to get over an old man is to get under a new one." she's been dead for about 5 years.
i should probably take less nyquil.

No comments: