Monday, July 14, 2008

My review of Stevie Wonder at GM Place

i am a horrible person. i'm sorry but i really was not into it at all. sure he sounded great and put on an amazing show that people seemed to enjoy...but it was all too jazzy riffy for me. the other 3 people with me felt the same. but you know what? we saw a legend and he did perform a hot rendition of Human Nature using the Peter Frampton voiceboxy thingy.
you know i'm not giving him a bad review because he put on a great show...but does Overjoy need to be 12mins long?

4 comments:

Amber said...

You've got to go to some pretty cool gigs recently!I'm jealous :)

I live in a small town&the next preformer we have coming to where I live is Candlebox.Our town officially lives in the 90's,80's&70's.Last year we got Foriegner...lol;)...the year before that Paul Revere & the Raiders.Sad,Sad,Sad!!!!!!!

jax said...

jebus that is sad Amber.
next up for me is Jack Johnson in August. i havent bee to very many gis in awhile but i said fuck it im going this year.
normally its just friends bands in scummy bars in Vancity.

Unknown said...

mmmmmm, sucks if you go to these venues expecting one thing and getting another. I always feel that way when I see a performer live, and their songs sound so different from the recordings. Ah well... can't have'em all right?
But you are pretty lucky to have gotten to see Stevie

jax said...

damn the Vancouver Sun just did a not very great review of the show,god I don't feel so bad now.