Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dan Mangan At The Vogue Saturday Night

Dan Mangan At The Vogue Theater November 13, 2010

I was lucky enough to get a chance to see Dan Mangan for the first time on Saturday night at the Vogue Theatre and what a fucking great show it was! I haven't been to a live concert that interactive in a very longtime. It was a cozy atmosphere that seemed more like a sing-a-long than a legit live show. And the crowd LOVED it. I mean when was the last time you saw a singer turn HIS mic around and face the audience for them to sing one of his most popular songs? From "Sold" to "Robots" I, and the people around me, belted it out with as much as passion as the man we all paid to see. It's official, Furry Dan has another fan.

At one point, I turned to my friend to compare Mangan to Canadian legend Gordon Lightfoot. The music, though slightly different in genre and concept, brought people together on the same level. I can only hope that Dan Mangan has that kind of longevity, because I certainly look forward to the music.

1 comment:

jax said...

please don't sue me for posting the video.